Bitter Bee Clone Recipe
OG = 1.050
FG = .998
ABV = 6.9% abv.
- 7.25 lbs Raw Wildflower Honey
- 4.5 Gallons Water
- 1 oz. Wyeast Wine Yeast Nutrient
- 5 Campden Tablets (if desired)
- 2 oz. Falconer's Flight 7C's Hop Blend
- 5 packets Lalvin D-47 yeast
Step by Step
Combine the first four ingredients at 104°F (40°C) stirring vigorously to aerate.
Wait 24 hours for the sulfites to do their thing, then sprinkle the dry yeast over the top of the must.
Maintain the fermentation at about 78°F (26°C).
Add the hops after when bubbling has completely stopped (should be 8-10 days).
Wait another week and bottle (with priming sugar) or keg.
Enjoy in a week or two!
For general brewing principles and practices please visit our article: How We Brew Everything We Brew