Combine in this order:
150 grams 7 Grain Bread Flour
150 grams Rye Flour
10 grams Salt
20 grams Gluten
22 grams Vegetable Oil
150 grams Wheat Sourdough Starter
145 grams Water and Yeast Slurry
- Mix with dough-hook for 15 minutes
- While the dough is mixing, preheat oven to 150 and add a pan of boiling water to the bottom rack.
- Roll ball out into a long banquet style loaf, and place a lined baking sheet.
- Slit lengthwise along the top.
- Place in the oven to proof (temperature should be between 120F and 145F)
- Proof for at least one hour, preferably two
- Remove pan of water
- Do not remove bread
- Set oven to bake at 400F
- Bake for 45 minutes, it should take about 20 minutes for the oven to get to temperature. This period of time with the high moisture level and lower temperature is partially what gives the loaf its firm crust.
- Allow loaf to cool completely before removing from pan, and serve.