Fire-Drake Clone Recipe
OG = 1.050
FG = .998
ABV = 6.9% abv.
- 7.25 lbs Raw Wildflower Honey
- 4.5 Gallons Water
- 1 oz. Wyeast Wine Yeast Nutrient
- 5 Campden Tablets (if desired)
- 2 oz. Guajillo Pepper Flakes
- 2 oz. Ancho Pepper Flakes
- 1 oz. Cocoa Nibs
- 5 packets Lalvin D-47 yeast
Step by Step
Combine the first four ingredients at 104°F (40°C) stirring vigorously to aerate.
Wait 24 hours for the sulfites to do their thing, then sprinkle the dry yeast over the top of the must.
Maintain the fermentation at about 82°F (28°C).
Add the pepper flakes and cocoa nibs and wait 1-2 weeks.
Bottle or keg and enjoy in a week or two!
For general brewing principles and practices please visit our article: How We Brew Everything We Brew