Also, having shelves and shelves of canned meat in your home always provides a conversation point.
Disclaimer: Canning meat is only safe if you own a pressure canner!
- 1 750ml bottle of mead, we used gooseberry mead
- 2 cans V8
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 8 tbs minced garlic
- 3 tbs Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 9 lbs meat
- Prepare jars and lids as usual for canning
- Cut the roast into jar sized chunks leaving at least an inch between top of meat and lid
- Brown each piece of meat on all sides and place it in the oven at 350F for 20 minutes
- Divide all dry ingredients between the jars
- Place the meat in each jar checking again that there is sufficient room between meat and lid
- Divide the V8 and mead evenly between the jars
- Top the jars with boiling water, making sure to leave an inch
- Pressure can at 10# pressure for 70 minutes
- Let cool under a towel overnight, and enjoy whenever!